Apple is Working On Solar Powered iPhones, iPads or iWatches - Recently, Apple introduced the fingerprint sensor in iPhone 5S, No doubt, Many Smartphone companies already had this technology but none of them had it perfectly. Now, Apple is looking to introduce something new and big in the smartphones, Tablets and probably watches. Yes, iWatch has also been rumored since last two years. A new Job posting from Apple has suggested that the Cupertino based company is looking for the thin film engineers for its Mobile Devices. As Apple has posted they are looking for an engineer with Extensive experience with thin-film technologies in either semiconductor processing or solar industries.
Apple is Working On Solar Powered iPhones, iPads or iWatches
This job posting points out an important fact that Apple is looking for the solar energy source to be used in the mobile phone devices. Here’s what the Job posting says:
- Extensive experience with thin-film technologies in either semiconductor processing or solar industries
- Exposure/experience with Sputtering, Vacuum evaporation, Electroplating and related technologies
- Deep understanding of the vendors, equipment, and technologies in the thin-films ecosystem
- Experience/background working with Asia-based manufacturing suppliers
- Desire and ability for problem solving and debugging
- Ability to work with a wide range of people with varying degrees of experience
- Knowledge of thin-films in the context of RF shielding is highly desirable
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Experience in the semiconductor manufacturing or solar manufacturing is desired
- Experience in new process development and process integration
- Work with Asia-based suppliers to develop thin-film deposition technologies
- Scope and select suitable thin-film processes, execute design of experiments, down-select to the appropriate technology for mass production
- Provide engineering support for product builds at the factory
- Work with Operations teams to support factory build-up as required
It is clearly mentioned in the Key qualifications that Cupertino based company is looking for an engineer with extensive experience in solar technologies. Moreover, Apple already has many patents about the solar powered Mobile devices and products.
What do you think about the solar powered Mobile devices which may be an iPhone, iPad or even the iWatch? Let us know that in the comments section below.