Downgrade baseband 6.15.00 iPhone 3GS – 3G in progress - For users who rely the unlock on 6.15.00 baseband will be glad to know that MuscleNerd, iPhone hacker of the iPhone Dev Team, has just announced via his twitter that he has made great progress on the 3G/3GS 6.15.00 baseband downgrade.
MuscleNerd: Made great progress yesterday on downgrade from BB 06.15 (for 3G/3GS owners who got officially unlocked). All the pieces are there
By this great progress 6.15.00 baseband users will be able to downgrade to 5.13,04 baseband which will allow for both an unlock via ultrasn0w and GPS working
Locked iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS users tend to update to BB 6.15.00 as their original basebands is 5.14.02 and 5.15.04 are not lockable but unfortunately users doesn’t know the risks that affects their devices due to 6.15.00 baseband update for who don’t know the risks can check below
Downgrade baseband 6.15.00 iPhone 3GS – 3G risks:
- If you update your device to baseband 6.15.00, you will not be able to restore using the original firmware. That means you will face an iTunes error message if you try to restore it directly from there. You can only do it via a custom or ‘cooked’ firmware created with redsn0w or other tools.
- There is no software downgrade available once your baseband has been upgraded to 6.15.00. However.
- GPS will not work properly or in may not work seriously on your iPhone due to this baseband although a fix is said to be on the horizon.
- You will void any Apple warranties as they can easily detect this baseband if you bring it in for service.
- The resale value of your iPhone may be lesser due to the above, that’s if you intend to sell it at one point. Otherwise, this is not really an issue.
- At the end you will stuck -on the 6.15.00 baseband forever
We recommend all users not to update to baseband 6.15.00 if you decided to carry out this method you will do it on your own risks but after the great progress of MuscleNerd you will be able to downgrade soon stay tuned on our Twitter and Facebook