Download Sn0wbreeze v2.9.7 To Jailbreak iOS 6 and iOS 6.0.1 - We have already posted a step by step tutorial to Jailbreak Pre-A5 devices like iPhone 4, 3GS using Redsn0w. But there is an alternate to Jailbreak your Pre-A5 devices. Yes, Using Sn0wbreeze, you can Jailbreak your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad on Windows. Till yesterday, Sn0wbreeze didn’t support the iOS 6 and iOS 6.0.1.
Download Sn0wbreeze v2.9.7 To Jailbreak iOS 6 and iOS 6.0.1
Well, Earlier Today, the Toronto based hacker, iH8sn0w has updated sn0wbreeze to v2.9.7 to support iOS 6 and iOS 6.0.1. Using this tool, you can Jailbreak iPhone 3Gs and 4 on iOS 6 and 6.0.1 but this tool doesn’t work with A5 devices like iPhone 4S and A6 devices like iPhone 5. Well, this is a tethered Jailbreak for Pre A5 devices except the iPhone 3GS with old bootrom. Here’s what the developer posted about this update:
What is New?
- Added 6.0 (10A403)/6.0.1 (10A523) support. (Only includes iPhone 3GS & A4 devices).
- The 6.0/6.0.1 is currently a tethered based jailbreak via iBooty (except for iPhone 3GS old bootrom users).
- SAM is built-in for iOS 6 hacktivations. (Hacktivated phones can reboot to a semi-tethered state after being activated [rather than just hang at the Apple Logo]). Kudos @sbingner!
- Use iFaith mode after selecting/downloading the appropriate IPSW for your device. You will then be prompted to browse for SHSH blobs for the IPSW you have selected.
- Remember to enter a PWNED DFU state with sn0wbreeze’s iREB button in the top bar of sn0wbreeze prior to (SHIFT + Restoring) the custom signed IPSW!
iREB & iOS 6:
- Due to some changes in iOS 6, the current public standalone version of iREB will NOT enter a proper PWNED DFU state for restoring to custom iOS 6 IPSWs. An update for the standaloneversion should come sometime this week. In the meantime, use the iREB tab located in sn0wbreeze’s top status bar to enter a proper PWNED DFU state.
As stated many times in the past, sn0wbreeze cannot be updated to work on A5(X)/A6(X) devices until a low level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found and made public.
A5(X)/A6(X) Baseband Preservation/Hacktivation?
For those running A5(X)/A6(X) devices and need to preserve your baseband, there is nothing you can do at the moment. For those wanting to hacktivate, the only advice I can give is to buy the carrier’s SIM (the one its locked to obviously) on ebay. The SIM does not have to be active with the carrier to activate the phone.
- Windows 8 users currently need to use this workaround to run sn0wbreeze.
- iPad baseband will fail to flash on iOS 4.0 –> iOS 4.2.1 restores.
- iPod Touch 2G 4.x.x restores fail.You can download the Sn0wbreeze v2.9.7 from the links give below. We will also post a tutorial regarding the Jailbreak using Sn0wbreeze.
Download Sn0wbreeze v2.9.7