How to fix Fix Redsn0w Stopped working on iOS 6 Jailbreak ? I recently tried jailbreaking my iPhone 4S (currently running iOS 6). In redsn0w, I selected the iOS 6 IPSW, it accepted it, and I selected the jailbreak button, following all instructions with the iPhone being connected and all. About a second after clicking jailbreak, redsn0w stops working, becomes unresponsive, and I have to close it. Running Windows 7, running redsn0w as administrator.
I heard a problem could be running the IPSW that you get from updating, and that perhaps using the global ISPW from the download link will work. I’m attempting that now.
iOS Firmware : iOS 6
Steps on How to Fix Redsn0w Stopped working on iOS 6 Jailbreak:
The main point of this guide is to ensure that you are running Redsn0w as an administrator in Windows XP SP3 compatibility mode and have set the Redsn0w process affinity to CPU 1 via the ‘Task Manager’. These are the main solutions to this particular Redsn0w error. Simply follow the steps below:
- Right-click on Redsn0w.exe and select ‘Properties’ from the context-menu.
- You should several tabs at the top. Go to ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the ‘Run this program compatibility mode for:’, then select the ‘Windows XP (Service Pack 3)’ from the options. Click Apply and then OK in order to fully apply the changes.
- Now in order to run Redsn0w as an administrator, right-click on Redsn0w.exe again but this time, choose ‘Run as administrator’ from the context menu.
- Bring up the task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and clicking on Start Task Manager.
- At the task manager screen, you should click the Processes tab from the top. Look for the redsn0w.exe process, right click on it and choose ‘Set Affinity…’. NOTE: If you can’t set the affinity, just click on “Show processes from all users” and right click on the redsn0w.exe process again. You should be able to set the affinity now.
- On the Processor Affinity screen, set it to CPU 1 only.
You can also Follow our previous methods to Fix Redsnow.exe Not Working.