How to Fix Cellular Data Usage issue on Verizon iPhone 5 - We have already covered many problems and their solutions in iOS 6. However, Apple recently released a fix for the carrier update for Verizon’s iPhone 5 which fixes a bug with the Wi-Fi. The iPhone 5 was using cellular data even when the WI-FI was connected and this caused heavy data usage for Verizon customers. Apple has created a support page that has step by step instructions to resolve the problem.
How to Fix Cellular Data Usage issue on Verizon iPhone 5
This is what the guide says:
1. Tap Settings –> General –> About.
2. Wait for the following alert to appear:
3. Tap OK to install the update.
4. Hold the Sleep/Wake button down until you see “slide to power off”.
5. Slide to power off.
6. After the device powers off, hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn your phone back on.
Note: To finish the installation of the update, your iPhone 5 must be turned off and then on again.
7. After your iPhone restarts, tap Settings –> General –> About, then scroll down to Carrier and verify that “Verizon 13.1″ is displayed.
Apple has officially rolled out this update, because many people were saying that it is a hardware issues while others were with the software issue. This issue was also posted many times on Apple’s support forum.This update is for Verizon customers only and some AT&T users reported similar issues as well although their validity has not been confirmed. Other threads have people complaining about cellular data usage after they installed the iOS 6 on their old iPhones.
This issue does not seem to be one concerned with specific carriers. Moreover, users who have had huge amounts of cellular data usage want to be refunded for the unintentional action. Verizon has yet to take any action regarding this; however Verizon users can go ahead and fix this issue. What about you? Have you experienced any unintentional data usage while on the iOS 6? Feel free to comment.