How To Fix “Exploit Failed” Error while Jailbreaking iOS 6.0.1 – Apples iOS 6.0.1 firmware has been released recently and there have been many comments about errors that people have been facing trying to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 with redsn0w. Due to the fact that redsn0w is not yet supporting iOS 6.0.1 until the untethered jailbreak for all iDevices is released, many people are facing the “Exploit Failed” error when jailbreaking the 6.0.1 firmware using the 6.0 IPSW. an easy and simple way to fix the “Exploit Failed” error while using the same program redsn0w.
Fixing Error Required
- Download the latest Redsn0w redsn0w 0.9.15b3 from here
A4 chip devices only
- iPhone 4.
- iPhone 3GS.
- iPod touch 4th generation.
Note 1: Assuming that most of you have ran into this error and already know the concept of jailbreaking iOS 6.0.1, i will get right to the topic. If not, follow our guide posted here to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 using redsn0w.
Note 2: The reason for this error occurring is, cause many people are not fully understanding how to enter DFU mode correctly, So you have to know how to put your device in DFU mode correctly.
Note 3: Make sure you are running redsn0w as administrator by right clicking on redsn0w and going to Properties –> Compatibility mark on “Run this program as an administrator” under Privilege Level.
Also make sure that your USB port drivers are fully upgraded, your USB cable is in good condition, and that you are also on a fresh restored iDevice
How To Fix “Exploit Failed” Error while Jailbreaking iOS 6.0.1
Step 1: Put your device in DFU mode.
You have to take care on this step cause this step is the main reason of the “Exploit Failed” error, you must follow each step correctly.
- Hold Lock/Power button for 3 seconds.
- Hold Both Lock/Power and home button for 10 seconds.
- Keep Holding the Home button for 15 and no less. then release the Power button.(THIS IS THE KEY STEP)
- DO NOT let the “Home Button“ when the screen changes at 8 seconds, to the picture below.
- Keep on holding the home button until you see “Uploading first stage” or “Uploading second stage” (Which is about 15-20 seconds) then you can let go of the “Home Button” because the exploit process has finished.
Your Jailbreak should complete Now and the rest of the process will take place on your iDevice.
Note: If you Face “Missing Keys.plist” error, Follow our guide posted here
Please feel free to leave your comments or questions below while following these instructions and We will do our best to help you !