How To Fix iPhone 3GS YouTube App and GPS Not Working – We have received many E-mails from our readers on our ASK Question section regarding ” iPhone 3GS jailbroken and after restoring the device to iOS 5.0.1, they faced many issues and they can’t figure out how to resolve them. This issues includes GPS functionality (not working at all), apps not running in the background, and YouTube and other videos apps are not working at all.
How To Fix iPhone 3GS YouTube App and GPS Not Working
Step 1: if you are running iPad baseband (6.15.00) in order to unlock your device so you have to know the risks of iPad beaseband first ?
- If you update your device to baseband 6.15.00, you will not be able to restore using the original firmware. That means you will face an iTunes error message if you try to restore it directly from there. You can only do it via a custom or ‘cooked’ firmware created with redsn0w or other tools.
- The only way to downgrade 6.15.00 to the Official firmware baseband you will be able to downgrade
- GPS will not work properly or in may not work seriously on your iPhone due to this baseband although a fix is said to be on the horizon.
- You will void any Apple warranties as they can easily detect this baseband if you bring it in for service.
- The resale value of your iPhone may be lesser due to the above, that’s if you intend to sell it at one point. Otherwise, this is not really an issue.
- At the end you will stuck -on the 6.15.00 baseband forever.
So if you are running this baseband its better to downgrade to 5.13.04 which has the ability to unlock using ultrasn0w by using our tutorial posted here.
Step 3: Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS using our tutorial posted here
Step 4: unlock Your jailbroken iPhone3GS through Cydia form here
For non jailbroken iPhone 3GS users, for those who faced these issues, we recommend to try resetting your location warnings by the following steps
- Open your Settings app
- then go to General
- then scroll down until you find Reset — Reset Location Warnings
if the above steps doesn’t solved your issue you will need to restore your iPhone 3GS, But we recommend a clean restore without restoring the backup you can also backup your data by following our tutorials posted here