How To Fix iTunes Error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3194- while restoring, upgrading or downgrading iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS or iPad3,2,1 or iPod touch on iOS 4.x or iOS 5.x or iOS 6.x on Windows and Mac.
Before starting using our steps below you have to know first the meaning of these errors 1004, 1013, 1638, 3194 means unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com
How To Fix iTunes Error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3194
How to Fix iTunes error 1004, 1013, 1638, 3194
- Make sure that you are running the latest version of iTunes.
- Check your security software issues through this link.
- Check your network connection.
- Check the hosts file. The restore will fail if there is an active entry to redirect gs.apple.com. Follow iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting to edit the hosts file or revert to a default hosts file. See section “Blocked by configuration: (Mac OS X/Windows) > Rebuild network information”.
- Make sure that you are running on a good Win or Mac software and if the error still appear try to restore from another known-good computer and network.(How To Restore Without issues)
- I think after following the above steps the error will be fixed