Jailbreakers are waiting for the upcoming 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak which is expected to release on Friday at the HITB SecConf according to i0n1c tweet so what shall we do in order to prepare our devices for the upcoming iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak we will show you some tips to help you to prepare your device for iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak.
Should I update my iOS Device to the iOS 5.1.1 firmware?
Un Jailbroken Devices: If you have an iOS device that is not jailbroken so you should update your device to iOS 5.1.1 there is nothing holding you back from updating and doing so will not result in any loss of data.
Jailbroken Devices: if you are already jailbroken on iOS 5.0.1 or iOS 5.1 what ever so updating your device to iOS 5.1.1 will let you lose your jailbreak, also you will stay few days without jailbreak until the release of the upcoming iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak.
If you are not able to live without jailbreak i think that all you have to do now is to download iOS 5.1.1 firmware and wait until the release of iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak.
The upcoming jailbreak will support the latest firmware iOS 5.1.1 untethered also it is confirmed by MuscleNerd that the upcoming iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak will jailbreak the A5 devices (iPhone 4S, iPad 2, and the new iPad ) with Absinthe tool only While nothing has been said about A4 devices.
Notes: MuscleNerd tweet doesn’t mean that there is no iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak, no, Pod2g confirmed before that the iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak will support iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4, iPhone 4 CDMA, iPad 1, iPod 3G, iPod 4G which are A4 devices but it may mean that the upcoming Absinthe iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak will support the A5 devices only and they will release anther jailbreaking tool as redsnow to jailbreak the A4 devices.
How to prepare for the iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak ?
- First Download last version of iTunes and download iOS 5.1.1 firmware for all devices you plan to jailbreak then save it in a place that you can easily identify later.
- If you have a jailbroken device running iOS 5.0.1 or any firmware you have to cases.
- Case 1: to wait until the release of the upcoming iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak.
- Case 2: To restore your device and update it to iOS 5.1.1 but in this case you will lose the jailbreak but why restore ? Just to decrease bugs and get better results starting from stock. you can also you our links here if you decided to restore to keep your data away from losing.
- If you recently purchased an iPhone 4S or an iPad 2 with iOS 5.1 installed then go ahead and update to iOS 5.1.1.
- If you have an iPad 3 don’t think and update it to iOS 5.1.1 the upcoming iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak will be the first jailbreak for iPad 3.
- For A4 devices its up to you to update to iOS 5.1.1 or wait until the Absinthe 2.0 official release i prefer the second one.
Note: its very important for the A4 device: (iPhone 4, iPod touch 4th generation) to save their SHSH blobs, so they can downgrade to previous firmware.