How To Use An External Keyboard With Your iPhone Or iPod Touch – The iPhone and iPod Touch really are portable power-houses that make our daily lives easy by bringing games, mail, news, photo-editing and a lot more things right into our hands. The touch-based Retina screen really is a joy to see and use but one big catch with the iPhone or iPod Touch’s screen is that inputting text using a touch keyboard really isn’t up to the mark and is much slower as compared to a physical keyboard. Thankfully, you can also use a wireless keyboard along with your device to increase the speed of text-input and here is how to do it.
How To Use An External Keyboard With Your iPhone Or iPod Touch
One great addition on the software side of iOS is that while using a physical keyboard, the virtual keyboard vanishes giving you a lot of screen real estate for viewing other stuff. Below is a how-to tutorial to help you connect an Apple wireless keyboard to your iPhone/iPod Touch.
How-To Connect A Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard To An iDevice
- Open up the Settings app, tap on Bluetooth and turn it ON.
- Turn on your Bluetooth keyboards.
- Go back to the Bluetooth section on the Settings app on your iPhone and go into the Devices section.
- Tap on the keyboard you enabled earlier in the second step.
- A passcode will be displayed on your iPhone, type it on your external keyboard and hit enter. That’s it, your device is now connected to the external keyboard.
How-To Disconnect A Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard
- Open up the Settings app, go to Bluetooth and turn it OFF.
This will only disconnect your device until Bluetooth is turned on. Instead, you can also opt to forget the device you connected earlier. It can be done by,
- Go to Settings >Bluetooth.
- Tap the device in question and then choose Forget this Device.