How To Use Siri To Get Directions in Google Maps – It’s been less than a week when the Google released most awaited Google Maps application for iOS. No doubt, this is great and must have application for iOS 6 users but still this application lacks some of very important features such as native maps support in iOS, Siri support and many other things. We have already posted a Cydia Tweak which will help users to make Google Maps as the default application in iOS.
How To Use Siri To Get Directions in Google Maps
If you use Siri too often while driving your car, you can use the Siri with Google Maps to get certain directions. Normally, when you will ask Siri for directions, it will open the Apple Maps, but if you want to use the Google Maps, there is another way for that. It is very simple, simply say “Via Transit” or “By Transit” after asking for location. Siri will open all the Maps applications, you can select the Google Maps from the list.
However, if you will ask Google Maps: “How to go this place from Current position via transit”? it will show you the turn by turn Navigation as well.
Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press and hold the Home button to open up the “Siri”.
- Simply ask “How to get this place via transit” or “How to go this place from current position via transit”?
- Siri will show you the list of all the applications which are related with Maps and Routes.
- Tap on “Google Maps” to open the directions in Google Maps.
- Google Maps will show you all the routes to the desired place. You can select the appropriate route.
That’s it! Did this tip work for you? Let us know in the comments section below. Thanks Modmyi for this simple and great tip.