Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered – Finally Pod2g the talented guy has announced the release of iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak non A5 devices for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad 1 for both Win & Mac now you can jailbreak your device easily all you have to do is to follow the steps below.
Check The Release Note
Here are the basic steps for how to get it:
- The untether is for iOS 5.0.1 on iPhone3GS, iPhone4, iPhone4-CDMA, iPad1, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G
- If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! See the guides at places like iClarified.com if you don’t know how. Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
- If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
- Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.
Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Required :
- Download iOS 5.0.1 firmware from here
- Download the latest version of iTunes from here
- Download Redsn0w
How To jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered Jailbreak Using Redsnow?
Step 1: Connect your iDevice to your PC via USB.
Step 3: Now you have to put your iPhone in DFU Mode (important step)
How to put your iPhone in DFU Mode
- Hold down power button and home button both at the same time for 10 seconds
- After the 10 seconds release the power button and still pressing on the home button for another 10 seconds
Step 4: Start Redsn0w and press on “Jailbreak” button
Step 5: Now click on “Install Cydia” then press next.
Video action how to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 untethered