Update to iOS 5.0.1 And Preserve Baseband Using Redsn0w [Video] – tutorial on how to upgrade your iPhone 4 GSM or iPhone 3GS to iOS 5.0.1 without updating your baseband in order to use the unlock.
- Download iOS 5.0.1 Firmware.
- Download latest iTunes.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.12b1
Update To iOS 5.0.1 And Preserve baseband Using Redsn0w ?
Step 1: Connect your device to your computer then open Redsn0w, then select “Extras”
Step 2: Then select “Custom IPSW” option and choose your iOS 5.0.1 firmware in order to Preserve your baseband.
Step 3: Now Redsn0w will start cooking your custom IPSW and you’ll get it in few minutes.
Step 4: Once cooking finished you will be informed by the message below, then you have to put your device in “Pwned DFU” mode.
Step 5: Select ‘Pwned DFU’ from RedSn0w menu as in the screenshot below.
Step 6: here’s how to put your device in DFU mode.
- Hold down power button and home button both at the same time for 10 seconds
- After the 10 seconds release the power button and still pressing on the home button for another 10 seconds
Step 7: Your device will now be exploited with LimeRa1n, Once its done you will be in Pwned DFU mode.
Step 9: Your iPhone will now be upgraded to iOS 5.0.1 without updating the baseband.
Video action Tutorial on how to preserve baseband while updating to iOS 5.0.1:
If You tend to unlock your iPhone 4, 3GS here’s some guides below will help you:
- How To Unlock iPhone 4 / 3GS iOS 5.o.1 With Ultrasn0w 1.2.7
- How To Unlock iPhone 4S Gevey Ultra S – R-SIM
- Unlock iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 baseband